- The Lilac Lynx - my favourite neocities site. It reminds me so much of the sites I ran and used in the 90s/00s.
- Thoughtcrimes - true crime / serial killer memes. Don't click if you don't like that kind of content. (Also some neat stereograms)
- x14km2d - Zettelkasten - another great neocities site. If you like the rat shack, you'll definitely like this too
Around the web
- Atomic Shrimp - interesting youtube videos
- Braitenberg's Vehicles on archive.org - classic book on simple "vehicles" which exhibit complex behaviour
- Discord invite for Caos Coding Cave - a good resource for openc2e or any other Creatures coding
- The Book of Shaders - tutorials for understanding fragment shaders
- Godot - the open source game engine I use and contribute to
- Softology blog and Visions of Chaos - Fractals, Cellular Automata, Chaos Theory, etc
- Low Tech Magazine - solar powered website with interesting articles
- The Hunt for the Death Valley Germans - great writeup about tourists who went missing in Death Valley. Don't click if you don't like that kind of content.
- Dave's Garden - lots of gardening articles. This will take you to the bromeliad page.
- Liber XCV The Wake World - Then we came out into the Third House, and that was so splendid you can't imagine. In the first place it was a bright, bright, bright orange colour, and then it had flashes of light all over it, going so fast we couldn't see them, and then there was the sound of the sea and one could look through into the deep, and there was the ocean raging beneath one's feet, and strong dolphins riding on it and crying aloud, “Holy! Holy! Holy!” in such an ecstasy you can't think, and rolling and playing for sheer joy.
Weird and wonderful
For the slightly more 'out there' web content.
- The Gentle Likpas - French webcomic where men have evolved into talking penises. Warning: cartoon dongs and boobs everywhere.
- Hitmen for Destiny - a mad rube goldberg machine of an ms paint webcomic. It's good.
- MasaoHF and Masao's old channel backup - if I could meet one person in the whole world it would be masao.
- Hans Wormhat - this guy makes a lot of videos about how animals are actually fake/animatronics/CGI/people in costumes. Warning: offensive/transphobic language in these videos.
- Steven Christ's The Scary Real World - forget flat earth, get on board with concave earth. My favourite detail: the paper actually says "Welome to the Real Word".